NEIGHBORGHOOD/BLOCK WATCH MEETING June 07, 2018

Started by George Langford on Friday, June 08 2018, 03:34 pm ·

On Thursday evening at 07:00pm we held our Neighborhood/Block Watch Meeting with five (5) attendees and with me we had a total of six (6) attend our Meeting. Below is some of the items we discussed:

1. We are losing two (2) Captains, Ann McDermott and Marin Albers. Both of these ladies and their families are moving, so needless to say we are looking for new Captains for Green Meadow Court an Perryman Road.

2. One of our Captains, Doug Watson, could not attend due to an illness, and I would ask everyone to keep him in your prayers.

3. Please do not get alarmed and call the Mayor or the Chief of Police of Woodlawn Park in a Panic because the city is not experiencing a CRIME WAVE.
From February 01, 2018 to this week there have been fifty nine (59) runs made by LMPD in our city. Many of these runs were counted because of Traffic Stops on Westport Road because the boundary line for our city is on the North side of Westport Road which I believe includes the Ditch. Many of these runs were for Alarms, Domestic Issues, Suspcious Persons, etc. Most of the runs were unfounded, in other words no crime.

We discussed Summer Tips, which included Letting the neighbors and Police know when you are going out of town, Keep doors locked, watch out for your neighbors, and be aware of your surroundings.

Next meeting October 04, 2018.

George Langford

No tags were assigned to this entry

Your Response

You will need to be logged in first to reply to this discussion

Are You a New User?

To participate in the discussion groups:

Click Here to Sign Up

Guidelines

Bulletin Board Guidelines:

1) The Bulletin Board is an opportunity for residents to post announcements about yard sales, missing pets/animals, etc...

2) If you want to post that you can shovel snow or you could baby sit or other services, please do so.

3) This is mainly an announcement bulletin board for the City residents.

If you have a complaint or a suggestion for the City, please use the suggestion button on the home page so that your comment can be routed quickly and correctly.

eMail Group Sign-up

Whos Online

We have 81 guests online

Local News

courier-journal.com
RSS feeds from The Courier-Journal